Thursday 23 January 2014

Krautstomper artwork

It's normal to obsess over a band you've just discovered right? I just have the Chvrches' album 'The Bones Of What You Believe' on repeat and all I can think about is how much I want to see them live in March, the cheap tickets are already sold out though, blast!
Anyway, I'm supposed to be a designer so let's get back to that. For now, at least. 

I came across some of my older work the other day, maybe from 4 years ago and it's made me realize how much I've learned over the years I've spent in the UK. It's a good feeling, it makes me come back to all those times in the fine art studio, listening to my teachers and having no idea whatsoever what they were on about. All that fine art stuff, you had to find a deep meaning in everything. Only in my last year of my BA degree I started understanding what wanted from me and I could actually use it to my advantage. 

Anyway, the point is that I'm glad this art education actually gave me way more than I realized and it's got me to where I want to be. Go pattern design!

My brother's in a band called Krautstomper (check out their bandcamp page) based in Germany and a while ago they decided to use some of my prints for their album and website, which was an honour. It's from my first and second year at uni so a bit outdated but maybe I can provide them with some new designs soon. (hint hint)




I've recently been asked to do some illustrations for my friend Filip's short stories (sneak preview), I'm really excited to start working on that. I've never done anything quite like it so it'll be a great experience, plus I'm free to experiment with whatever comes to my mind regarding each story (one's about plants falling in love, can't wait for that one!). 
So keep your eyes peeled for updates on that, it should come out on Kindle when it's ready. 
Headphones off for now, some actual work needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment